Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday




Well, I did it. I did some more postcards. Now life is happy again. Mercy, it's amazing when you miss something so much as I do making altered postcards. I am still struggling with making my art much larger. I have done it in the past, but it's still different for me. I am so used to working no larger than 8 x 10. But, I will get there. I got a dvd by Carrie Burns Brown on collage. I thought it was a good dvd but she doesn't determine her focal point before she starts collaging. I had fun learning about some of her techniques for staining papers, but I should have fast forwarded past some of it. It completely wrecked my intuition for a time. Finally figured out. I always find my main image, my focal point and build my collages from there. Not establish a focal point way way late in the game. For me, that was not a good thing. I would be interested if anybody else has tried that. So, I am back on track for making things for the gallery showing. Email me if you have any thoughts on this or have seen her dvd. I would love to hear your opinions.