Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday



It was so beautiful outside today. It was hard to stay inside. But I just moved everything off my desk and determined to do a collage. Collage is where my heart is....always.....and I hadn't done a mixed media collage in a while. I am so pleased with the way it came out. I handpainted some papers and chose an image of a little girl in deep contemplation about something. As a child growing up for a time in Yonkers, I spent many, many days looking out a second story window and it reminded me so much of those times. I added some wire although I prefer to sit it on a little stand, and added some of my hand dyed ribbon. Oh, I love it.

I also scanned it my project for my next collage class in Plano, Texas. The camera flash messed it up and it's kinda washed out looking. But it is really pretty. Next to birds, I guess butterflies are a favorite theme for me.