Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Step Outside Your Box Saturdays


Okay, so it is Wednesday. But I have stepped out of the box, out of the room and out of the house. I am still computer illiterate but learning. I joined two groups to challenge myself. I learned how to do a comments thing on my blog and phew, that is pretty much a ton of new for me. Oh yes, I forgot. I joined a couple of Etsy Street Teams. They are teams for sellers to fellowship, share and show their new work. So, I am on sensory overload.

But, I got the beeswax challenge done. My problem is that I need to take a photography course. Some things just don't scan and beeswax and encaustics is one of them. This one looks like my camera lens had dust on it. So, maybe I should clean it! That's almost like housework. Maybe I will just like blow it off.

6 comments:

A Note From The Queen said...

this turned out beautifully! Lots of texture there too, one of my favorite things!!!

Rosie said...

The photo you've used is so sweet and I really like your background too... I like the blurry effect!! You're doing fine! (I don't like h****work either, LOL!)

PattiV said...

Love this piece too!!!! Oh you know I just love your art!!! But I love the cloudy look that beeswax leaves!!! yummy picture and great composition!!!
huge hugs
Patti V

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

The colors and texture are just beautiful on this piece. I love how it all came together, and the wax really highlights everything. Good work!

Karen Owen said...

This is gorgeous!

Lucy said...

Glenda, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! Oh, the children are adorable, and I love the way you can see thick pieces of the beeswax! I want to reach out and touch it :-) The texture is fantastic. You are an inspiration for me, because I have wanted to try beeswax/encaustic for a while now. Your work is absolutely beautiful!