Sunday, March 16, 2008

Saturday

Just wanted to say a big Thank You to everyone (and especially those of you in Texas) who have been leaving comments on my blog. I appreciate it so much. And I hope that all of the other Texans are having as beautiful a day as we are in Dallas. Except the wind. It is extremely windy.

My dh did some things in the yard and thought we would have to make a little visit to the ER. He was trying to remove some bushes that I have been after him to get rid of for about 4 years and he had a little accident. I have never been able to look at a wound or someone who was bleeding. I get this sensation in my own body that is weird. It's almost like I was cut or whatever. My best girlfriend Joan removed all my children's baby teeth because I could not even do that. But, he washed it and it was not bad enough to have stitches. Which was good, because Bailey and Alexis were over here and it would have been some trek to the hospital. Thank you God for that blessing.

One of the girls in my class that I taught last week told me to get over to McKinney trade days and see Door Knob Bob. So, I did. Yesterday. Found tons and tons of rusty stuff to use in my work. I love it. I don't even have to take the time to rust them. Bob's my new friend but he does not know how to do math. Still, beat Ebay for the things that I wanted. I will go back every month but I will take a calculator. Bob cannot be trusted to figure out the money part.

Well, off to join the circus....Till later, G

2 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Glenda, what a day! I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight and can forget about the gardening nightmare!

Our winds are howling right now, but at least they are coming from the East, so we're only going to be in the mid 80's tomorrow... Yes, spring in Texas!

I just love it - Door Knob Bob! I can't wait to see what you do with your newly found items!

Faye said...

Glenda, so glad your dh wasn't badly hurt. It's surprising how easy it is to have those outdoor accidents. I've had a few myself.