Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday


Another beautiful day! Yesterday I went to the Trade Days to get some more vintage hardware items for my mixed media work. The guy that I buy from decided to DOUBLE his prices. I think I was ticked off all day. I normally don't confront people, but I said to him "these were half this price last month". He just stood there looked me right in the face and denied it. So, I will look elsewhere for my vintage pieces. Plus, to get to his booth, you have to walk past the place where they are selling puppies. Little, sweet puppies! It's all I can do to keep walking. Well, my husband grabs the back of my shirt and helps me along.

I did this piece end of last week. I love it! I combined using papers and fabric. I used to do that a lot, and kinda quit for a time. I also used some vintage lace that I got on Etsy. I did clean my camera lens and I still get these little "dots" all over my pieces. The little dots are not on the artwork. Someday I am going to get a new camera.

Here it is:

1 comment:

gunnelsvensson said...

I have been here at your blog several times, and I love your art!
This piece are beutiful!
Good that you don´t buy anything from the man, and that you tell him what you tink!! He knows we love all that vintage stuff, and that we "need" it, and he wants to earn money!