Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Deconstructed printing

Alisha, my daughter, and I spent an afternoon making screens for our newest undertaking. Deconstructed printing. I was never interested in screen printing at all, but alisha was so excited that I thought I had better pay attention.

She was right. She got my curiosity going and then saturday we spent hours experimenting.
Of course, since I am so conservative with supplies...i never got a print that I loved.
But alexis, my granddaughter has no such sensibilities and just plopped on the thickened dyes.
Here is her first attempt. Well, actually it is the second pull off her first painting. She would not share the first one. Imagine that.

I will take it and stitch onto the surface and fill in a few spots maybe with metallic thread.

Next time I will use a lot more paint. Did learn that you can use silk paints on silk and man it is gorgeous. Different looks. I will be posting more as I go. If a five year old can do it, so can her MiMi.

2 comments:

Artsnark said...

what fun! cant wait to see what you do next

Clare Wassermann said...

I have really enjoyed discovering your blog tonight