Saturday, January 5, 2008

Saturday


I did it! I got my first piece of encaustic art done. I am thrilled! I found out several things. Number one beeswax straight like most of us have been doing since Claudine Hellmuth started us out on it, is way harder to work with actually. It's a ton easier to control the wax when it is mixed with resin. I have done lots of straight beeswax and I liked it, but it doesn't compare with actual encaustics. I will look forward to using some of the colors and such in my collage work soon. I know there a ton of people who have contacted me about encaustics. There is so little "out there" to help a person get started. I would start a yahoogroup but I know that I just don't have the time right now until all of the gallery pieces are finished that Alisha and I have committed to. But, if you have any questions (my comments section is not on) write me at redheadis@tx.rr.com and we will share.