Monday, April 13, 2009

Melange mixed media team challenge

About a month ago, the Melange mixed media team on Etsy had our very first challenge. Each member who signed up was sent a kit of items to be used in making a piece of art. Sight unseen, each member would accept the challenge to use the items in the kit. You could take out only 2 items that you were sent, and add 1 item of your own. It was so much fun to do. I must admit, I had a little trouble with all the color. I don't use a lot of color in my art and so it was really a stretch. But, I loved it and although I sure don't think I was as creative as the other members, I am pleased and plan to use a lot more color in the future. You can see the other team members wonderful art pieces on our team blog.



Here is a picture of the kit as we received it.



Here is the piece I created with the kit