Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Back to Encaustic Art

I always love winter because one surely cannot do and sell encaustic art in the summer.  I see that there are tons of people on Etsy who seem to sell year around, but with temperatures way over 100 degrees in Texas.....well....I just can't do it.  I have visions of wax melting in the back of the UPS or post office trucks.
So, I do look forward to temperatures going down and pull out all my encaustics paints, wax, boards, hardwood canvases, oil sticks and so forth. 

I did get a thermofax machine for Christmas from my husband, and I cannot wait to write up some blog entries about it.  Wow, it's great.  But, I just had to get back to the wax work before the winter was gone. 

So, here are my newest pieces. 


I probably could have more new pieces, but I have been concentrating on spreading out and trying to do some new techniques.  There is so much more information now than when I started doing encaustics 5 years ago.  It was a vast wasteland except Joanne Mattera's book.  Now, there are lots of wonderful teachings and even some on line classes. 

So, if you are an art junkie person and love to try it all, think about encaustics. 

No comments: