Thursday, August 11, 2011

Finished

Yesterday I took my almost finished book cover and trimmed it to fit my book.
Then I cut a piece of bridal tulle in an ivory color, pinned it to the entire cover fabric, and free motion stitched all over.  I just do an absolutely random stitch.

Then I took my heat gun and lightly burned certain areas.  You have to be very careful or the tulle will completely burn away and you really just want a little shabby chic thing going on.

Last, I hand dyed some eyelet trim and stitched it down the side of the front of the cover and added some rosettes and a little piece that I transferred the words C'est La Vie.  Oh yes, I had to put some of my all time favorite Japanese fibers on.

So, I guess I am done.  It suits me perfectly and if I want to, I can pick out a few stitches that are holding the cover onto the journal, and put it on a new one.

Okay, so Alisha, how are you doing?  Alisha's blog

We hope to do some more challenges and even a few short tutorials in the near future.  So, stay tuned......TwoCoolTexans does lots and lots of different art mediums.  Things might be quite different next time.

Glenda

No comments: