Saturday, June 27, 2015

Alcohol inks on yupo

I had to write a bit about alcohol ink art.  I have neglected it a bit since I found impasto (thick thick paint) on canvas art. So, here is a couple of pieces that I did just before I jumped ship.

This is a piece that is actually on a white subway tile.  I love it so much that I put it up on Etsy, then I took it down, then I put it back up.  This went on for a while.  Right now, it is still in one of my favorite pieces in my art room.

And another
This is a piece on my Baker's rack in my kitchen.  Can't seem to part with it either.

Hope you enjoy seeing them.

I am not doing articles for magazines or submitting anything at all anymore.  Stampington publications were always good to me and I always enjoyed the pieces that they asked me for and the ones that I just submitted.  But I kept seeing the same things over and over and they changed editors so very very many times after Jenny Doh left.....so I retired from the print media.  Who knows, maybe one day I will send in something else.

No comments: