Thursday, June 25, 2015

More impasto oil painting

Aha, I am still hooked on impasto.  Problem is, it truly is an art form of painting that not too many people know about.  And it is sooo much fun.  Yep, I am trying to get some converts.

You can use acrylic paint to do impasto and some do, but if you can use oil, the paintings are so much brighter and although it takes longer to dry (okay, so that is an understatement) but it is worth it.
I have done both, and I keep going back to oil.

Here is my latest.  And I am going bigger.  I don't know what it is about me, but I just delight in doing small pieces of art.  This one is 8 x 10.

This would look so good in a kid's room, but also a grown up bedroom or a small piece for over an end table.  I have several just propped up in shelving.  Easy to change them out.

Yes, I will go on doing alcohol art pieces, but for now, I am intent on ruining ALL of my clothes with oil paints.  I may have to break down and wear an apron....naaaaa.....not yet.

I think my comment section is disabled.  However, if you should want to contact me, I do better with my email.....redheadis@yahoo.com


No comments: